Home made Granola
This is my version of a home made granola. I’ve pinched this recipe off different recipes I’ve found online. I haven’t really made granola before but I thought I’d give it a try. It’s not super crunchy as how I would imagine granola to taste but its fine for me and this recipe is super easy! Anyone can make this!
2 Cups of Rolled Oats (not quick oats)
1/2 Cup of chopped nuts (I used almonds diced into small pieces)
1/4 Cup of Sunflower/Pumpkin Seeds
1 heaped tablespoon of honey
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 pinch of sea salt
small handful of dried fruits
small handful of desiccated coconut** (optional)
- Preheat oven to approx 150C
- Mix everything but the dried fruit and coconut together in a mixing bowl.
- Once all incorporated, place a thin layer onto a baking tray and place in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes sprinkle the coconut over the granola and bake for the remaining time. Ensure the coconut does not burn.
- Remove from the oven to cool.
- Once cooled mix the dried fruit in.
- Serve with some Greek Yoghurt for a tasty start to the day!
I used some craisins (dried cranberries) for the dried fruit. I tend not to put too much in because they are quite sweet. If you want to add a bit more sweetness to the recipe you can add more honey but I prefer it less sweet.
Hopefully you all enjoy this! I have put it in the dessert section of my site but I will move this when I have more breakfast recipes.