I love a good tiramisu.. who doesn’t? The creamy-ness and the coffee flavour.. I don’t like it too strong mind you but its lovely none the less. I used the following recipe to make this gorgeous tiramisu.
(I think next time if I was to make this again I would put layers of the lady fingers to give it a bit more texture throughout the tiramisu)
- 2 Egg yolks (approx 80g)
- 30 ml Water
- 120g Sugar
- 80 ml Whipped cream
- 250g Mascarpone
- Beans from 1 Vanilla bean
- approx 80 ml black coffee
- approx 5-6 lady fingers
1. Crush the lady fingers into smaller pieces
2. Make the Coffee
3. Pour the coffee over the lady fingers and set aside
4. Put the sugar and water into a saucepan and heat until the sugar has melted.
5. In the meantime, place the egg yolks and the vanilla beans into a bowl and mix until fluffy.
6. When the sugar has melted, add it bit by bit to the egg yolk mixture.
7. Continue mixing until the mixture forms ribbons when the beater is lifted.
8. Stir in the mascarpone in a bit at a time until it is all incorporated.
9. Follow by mixing in the whipped cream.
10. Fill the jars/cups with the coffee soaked lady fingers and then top with the cream mixture. Leave in the fridge for a few hours and when ready to eat, sprinkle with cocoa and enjoy!